Job Title: Junior Graphic Designer
Reports to: Marketing Manager & President/General Manager
Summary: Center in the Square is seeking creative and skilled Junior Graphic Designer to join our organization. Center in the Square provides marketing and graphic design services to our Beneficiary organizations (Harrison Museum of African American Culture, History Museum of Western Virginia, Kids Square, Mill Mountain Theatre, O. Winston Link Museum, Opera Roanoke, Roanoke Ballet Theatre, Roanoke Pinball Museum, Roanoke Symphony Orchestra, Science Museum of Western Virginia). The Junior Graphic Designer will responsible for creating a wide variety of graphic materials using a range of media, methods, and techniques.
Major Responsibilities: The responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Delivers graphics (digital/print) from concept to execution to Center in the Square and our ten beneficiary organizations.
- Provides visual assets for Center in the Square’s digital and print outlets such as the website, social media, e-newsletters and printed collateral.
- Craft and post messages/photos/videos to Center’s social media accounts.
- Fulfills art to media buyers, advertising outlets and printers.
- Maintains an organized archive of all past jobs including working files and final files sent to vendors.
- Performs other tasks as required.
Requirements: The successful candidate for this position possesses the following skills and abilities:
- Proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Working knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Basic understanding of digital photography.
- Strong creative and editing skills.
- Strong understanding of typography.
- Ability to prioritize and handle simultaneous projects from multiple organizations.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Independent and self-motivated.
Please send resume, cover letter, and a link to an online portfolio to Joseph Mackereth, email@example.com